“Bootstrapping is good! Mitra showcases a dozen entrepreneurs and their lessons from the bootstrapping trenches. Some of the quotes from these interviews are below:
Ramu Yalamanchi, Hi5:
– No matter how many businesses you start, it just takes one successful business to make up for all the other attempts.
– If you are going to build a service and it has a good chance of becoming very popular, make sure you address the scale needs up first.
Scott Wainner, SysOpt & ResellerRatings:
– For me, being an entrepreneur is so much trial and error that I would rather make the mistakes in the lower dollar range than at the Super Bowl advertising level.
Beatrice Tarka, Mobissimo:
– You can have the best technology and the best product on the market, but without good team chemistry your business will fail.
Greg Gianforte, RightNow:
– Find an entrepreneurial mentor, and if you are going to bootstrap, find a mentor who has already bootstrapped a business.
– Bootstrapping is a discovery process. Rather than building an ark, waiting for animals to come, and hoping the tide rises-you take an incremental approach and discover a legitimate, real world value proposition.
The book has done a good job at giving perspective, advice and insight into the necessities of never giving up and gives us the inspiration and tools to bootstrap. Nicely written.”
Sramana Mitra’s Entrepreneur Journeys, Bootstrapping, and Positioning books are all available from Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle, and from Smashwords.com in all e-book formats. Entrepreneur Journeys and Bootstrapping, published by Hachette India, are for sale in bookstores in India.
This segment is a part in the series : Entrepreneur Journeys Book Review