Here’s a review of Sramana Mitra’s Positioning: How To Test, Validate, And Bring Your Idea To Market by Irina Patterson, posted on Amazon.com:
“I have been Sramana’s fan for about a year, since I came across her website. Sramana is passionate about entrepreneurship. She is a tireless entrepreneur, advocate and coach through her writing and online strategy roundtables.
This book rocks, as do her two previous books. And although this book is intended for entrepreneurs, I see at least five groups of people who should read this book. Here they are:
1) As intended, budding entrepreneurs with ideas. Read the book slowly to refine your ideas or possibly discard them all together and get much better ideas.
2) Of course, people who are in business. Borrow some ideas for your growth. Although the book doesn’t have step by step instructions, with little brain work you can adopt many ideas to your own situation.
3) Looking for a new job? The book can prompt you to interesting employment opportunities.
4) Have money to invest? The book points out quite a few areas of rapid growth.
5) Love consumer tech? Learn about innovation in self-publishing, or new things you can now do with your photos, etc.
As for the intended audience, namely entrepreneurs, here are a few points I gleaned for myself.
1) Define your customer. Most entrepreneurs fail to define the user for their product and run out of steam before they reach profitability.
2) Ask yourself, what other ways already existing product or services could be used?
3) Don’t sell tool sets, sell solutions.
4). Analyze the market and look for a gap.
5) Look for established businesses where you can plug in and add value.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I am off to re-read the book. It is so idea rich, I couldn’t possibly get it all in one pass through.”
All of Sramana Mitra’s books, Entrepreneur Journeys, Bootstrapping, and Positioning, are all available from Amazon.com in paperback and Kindle, and from Smashwords.com in all e-book formats. Entrepreneur Journeys and Bootstrapping, published by Hachette India, are for sale at bookstores in India.
This segment is a part in the series : Entrepreneur Journeys Book Review