There are some very interesting statistics from this report:
* Financial services was the leading category, with spending of $488.7 million on Internet advertising for the period–up 51.2% over 2006.
* Internet advertising across the board represented 7.7% of total media spending.
* Categories coming in below the average were automotive at 4.3% of total spend, pharmaceutical at 2.7% and national restaurants at 1.6%.
* The top 10 Internet display advertisers are IAC, Verizon, Experian, eTrade, Apollo Group, Netflix, Scottrade, AT&T, FMR Corp. and National Amusements.
* Top 10 segments are Financial Services, Retail, Internet, Misc. Services, Media, Telecom, Computer Products, Travel & Tourism, Education, and Auto.
All the sectors we have reviewed : Personal Finance, Travel, Photo Sharing, and Jobs fall in the top 10.