Posted on Tuesday, Dec 8th 2020
I am writing this based on numerous conversations I have had over the last 18 months with SaaS CEOs, ALL of whom are here on LinkedIn.
My prediction: Starting in 2021, the SaaS industry will be on a path to create 10 million jobs.
The Platform IFs:
- IF 1000 SaaS companies open up their platforms as a service, PaaS, as Salesforce.com does, by 2025
- IF each platform lets startups sell through its marketplace, as Salesforce.com does, by 2025
- IF each platform empowers 1000 startups to build on its stack by 2025
- IF each startup reaches $1M in annual revenue by 2030
- IF each startup hires an average of 10 employees by 2030
The Job Math:
1000 SaaS companies x 1000 startups x 10 jobs = 10 million jobs by 2030
- 1000 startups x $1M in revenue on each PaaS platform/marketplace => $1B in total revenue for each platform ecosystem
- 30% platform fee => $300M revenue for the SaaS company that owns the platform
- $300M revenue => $3B+ in market cap gain for each SaaS player
- 1000 SaaS players x $3B+ = $3 Trillion market cap gain for the SaaS industry
The REAL Math:
$1M annual revenue by 1M SaaS startups by 2030 => Trillion dollars in REAL global GDP
The PaaS trend is already in swing.
Starting in 2021, it will accelerate.
By 2030, it will change the world.
If you are a SaaS CEO or Board Member, please reach out to me to strategize.
SaaS Companies, You Have an Unprecedented Opportunity
SaaS Companies NEED PaaS Strategy
PaaS: Calling ALL PaaS Leaders
Six Cloud Stock Picks Based on PaaS Prospects
Bootstrapping by Piggybacking
PaaS: How PaaS Impacts the Stock Prices of SaaS Companies
PaaS: Why I Am So Excited
Photo by Til Man on Unsplash.