Posted on Wednesday, Oct 12th 2016
Mobile devices, especially smartphones, are growing their footprints at an unprecedented scale. Alongside, the mobile app proliferation is gaining tremendous adoption. At the same time, social media is profoundly changing all aspects of business and social communication. The following industry leaders guide us through the developments in Mobile and Social, as well as offer suggestions for new venture opportunities.
- Rob Chamberlin, Co-Founder and Chief Revenue Officer of DataXoom – This conversation highlights how businesses overlay mobile virtual networks on top of wireless carrier networks for specific use cases.
- Christopher Dean, CEO of Swrve – This discussion delves into the depths of what can be tracked and what is being tracked in maximising the impact of mobile apps in industries like travel and hospitality, retail, gaming, etc. It’s a very good view into predictive and analytics-based targeting, real-time actions based on specific business goals, and the related domain. Very interesting conversation!
- Jason Wallis, CTO of Mozu – Mozu is a line of business within Volusion, one of the key small business e-commerce platforms that we have covered extensively in the past. Mozu caters to mid-market retailers. Jason discusses the trends he is seeing in that space.
- Clara Shih, CEO of Hearsay Social – Social media is dramatically changing sales and marketing. In this interview, we double-click down on the insurance and financial advisory sales functions. Clara Shih guides us through the developments in this field, as well as offers suggestions for new venture opportunities.
- Stephanie Newby, CEO of Crimson Hexagon – Image and video analytics are at the frontier of mobile and social interactions currently. Read on to understand the use cases and open problems.
Photo credit: Kelly Clark/Flickr.com.