Posted on Tuesday, Oct 4th 2016
We’ve been covering the Vertical Cloud trend extensively this year. The following in-depth interviews with five leaders in Vertical Cloud offer an opportunity to get up to speed with the developments.
- Peter Gassner, CEO of Veeva Systems – Peter Gassner is a self-described late bloomer. In a wonderfully authentic interview, Peter describes here how he turned his mid-life crisis into a multi-billion dollar market cap company. Veeva, in 2016, will do well over $500 million in revenue and trades at a market cap of over $4 billion. There’s nothing foo foo about this company. It’s raw execution. I love this story.
- Sridhar Vembu, CEO of Zoho – Zoho has been a tremendous success story in the cloud. During this interview, Sridhar Vembu discusses his strategy for the next phase of growth, and his general observations about the dysfunctions in the cloud ecosystem. A compelling conversation, must read.
- Himanshu Palsule, CTO of Epicor Software – Epicor software is an ERP company focusing on vertical cloud in a big way. Very interesting.
- David Schmaier, CEO of Vlocity – David was on the founding team of Siebel, back at the very beginning of the CRM industry. Now, with Vlocity, he is focusing on the next wave of industry-specific cloud solutions. An excellent discussion on the future of enterprise software.
- Art Papas, CEO of Bullhorn – When Art started Bullhorn, the first idea didn’t stick, and much of the venture capital raised during the first dotcom bubble was exhausted. Read how Art pivoted out of that bind, bootstrapping his way to success.
Photo credit: marcusrg/Flickr.com.