Posted on Wednesday, Sep 28th 2016
The Internet of Things (IoT) trend is significant, and will blossom over the rest of the decade. Actually, IoT has been around for a while, and I have been interviewing leaders in the field to share why things are accelerating now and where the gaps are. Here are five conversations to help give you a broad perspective on IoT today.
- Colin Sutherland, Co-Founder of Geotab – There’s a ton of data being generated through vehicle telematics that need apps to make sense of. Entrepreneurs looking for problems to solve – please read on!
- Bob Witter, CEO of Device Solutions – North Carolina, at one point, had a large concentration of cellular technology companies. Today, some of that talent has come together around IoT.
- Martin Manniche, CEO of Greenwave Systems – IoT is moving right along, here is a comprehensive discussion on some use cases and solutions that are real and active.
- Tom Bianculli, VP of Technology Office at Zebra Technologies – Further view into the use cases and trends in various verticals pertaining to IoT. This interview looks at retail, transportation, and healthcare.
- Frank Greer, CEO of Zipit Wireless – Let’s review some more IoT use-cases through Frank’s eyes.
Photo credit: ITU Pictures/Flickr.com.