Posted on Thursday, Jan 14th 2016
The issue of women and entrepreneurship has been top of mind of late. It is a topic that I have written a fair bit about, and want to share with you a shortlist of key posts:
- Talented Women: Please Do NOT Quit – This post addresses an oft-observed phenomenon of women losing their sense-of-self once they’ve been out of professional life for a long time.
- Feminist Father vs. Chauvinist Father – This post discusses the impact fathers have on daughters and their self-esteem.
- Roundtable discussion with Therese Tucker, a female entrepreneur who has built a Unicorn company that she has successfully taken public.
- Women Entrepreneurs: VC Rejection Does NOT Equal Sexism – I am concerned we’re using sexism as an excuse not to look honestly at business metrics.
- Women Entrepreneurs: How To Deal With Sexual Harassment – Awkward situations DO arise. My take on how to deal with them.
- Roundtable discussion with Ann Winblad, one of the best known and most successful female VCs in the technology business.
- Roundtable discussion with Susan Mason, a long time female VC discussing her take on the evolution of venture capital.
- The First Key Lesson From Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins and The Second Key Lesson From Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins – One of the top news stories of 2015 was the Ellen Pao vs. Kleiner Perkins case. It’s a complex and often poorly analyzed case, on which I offer my own analysis and commentary.
- Women Entrepreneurs: Are We Whining Too Much? – I am concerned that the issue of women and entrepreneurship is turning into a victim-oriented feminism.
- Women ARE Raising Venture Capital – I know many, many entrepreneurs who are CEOs or co-founders of VC-funded startups.
Some more recent must-read posts:
- 10 Women Leaders of VC-Funded Companies
- 10 Women Leaders Running Bootstrapped Companies
- Women Entrepreneurs – The Myth, The Minefield, The Movement
- Startup Idea to Help Women Return to the Workforce
- Do Women Entrepreneurs Build Unicorns?
- 8 Women Founders on Building Their Startups in Podcasts
- 6 Women Investors Discuss Ventures They Find Interesting in Podcasts
- Women ARE Raising Venture Capital: Kerry Cooper, CEO of ChooseEnergy
- 299th 1Mby1M Roundtable Podcast With Heidi Roizen, DFJ
- 353rd 1Mby1M Entrepreneurship Podcast With Heidi Jannenga, WebPT
- Roundtable Recap: September 28 – AI Startup CEO Jana Eggers Says There IS Bias Against Women Entrepreneurs
- #MeToo: I Come From a LONG Heritage of Chauvinism