SM: What are your top target segments?
EG: We segment the market very broadly into Consumer/Prosumer and Professional.
Top segments within consumer/Prosumer are:
* photography books of all kinds including travel, fine art, compilations from photo enthusiast communities
* wedding (participant books)
* yearbooks, student/class books
* family histories
Top segments within Professional include:
* portfolio books
* wedding (commercial photographers)
* art catalog and exhibition books
* design books –product design, graphic design, interior design
* marketing books – ad agencies, consultants, brand
Creative professionals of all kinds are making client presentation books, marketing books, business expertise books and fine art books. In particular we are seeing adoption by commercial photographers who are delivering books to clients for portraits and weddings as well as making portfolio books for marketing purposes and “leave-behind” (small softcover books) as a kind of brochure.
We are also seeing architects, product designers, advertising agencies, branding firms and artists make books for commercial profit as well as marketing books to advance their business. One of our best sellers is a book by an American architect named Michelle Kaufman called Prefab Green. She is well known in the United States as a “green” or ecological architect who is advancing energy sensitive design and construction.